- Contact us with your questions (email@example.com)
- Carefully read our proposal call description and ensure your idea is aligned
- Discuss your proposal idea with JGI staff to clarify key points about JGI’s capabilities, technical feasibility, and relevance to the DOE’s mission.
- Have someone proofread your proposal to make sure the goals, experimental design, and plan for data utilization are clear.
- Contact JGI staff for feedback before submitting a proposal.
- Describe in detail what you will do with the data! Ideally, you or someone on your team will have expertise in this area, or can demonstrate how competencies can be built.
- We recommend exploring how KBase (www.kbase.us) can support biological data analysis. It is a free, open source analytics platform provided to the research community by DOE. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about how KBase can support your CSP data.
On September 1, JGI held a JGI Engagement: Pro Tips for Successful Community Science Program (CSP) Applications Webinar inviting researchers to submit white papers to the CSP New Investigator call for proposals. The proposal call is open year-round, but proposals submitted by September 21, 2020, will be included in the next review.