Past Webinar Events
The concerted stable isotope-related tools and resources of the JGI and EMSL may be requested by applying for the annual “Facilities Integrating Collaborations for User Science” (FICUS) call.
- Webinar: SIP technologies at EMSL and JGI (4/8/2021) - At the JGI and EMSL, various tools leverage stable isotopes to measure carbon and nutrient flux, and identify microbes assimilating labeled compounds.
- Webinar: MycoCosm Tutorial (3/22/2021) - How researchers can utilize the JGI data portal MycoCosm for conducting fungal genomics analyses.
- Webinar: PhycoCosm Tutorial (3/22/2021) - An introduction to the JGI data portal PhycoCosm, and how researchers can harness it for exploring algal genomes and genes.
- Engagement Webinar: Utilizing long-read sequencing for metagenomics and DNA modification detection (3/22/2021) - How the JGI employs single-molecule, long-read DNA sequences to aid with genome assembly and transcriptome analysis of microbial, fungal, and plant research projects. These long-reads have also been applied to DNA methylation analysis as well as improving metagenome assemblies.
- Engagement Webinar: Accessing NEON’s Environmental Sample Archives, Applying JGI & EMSL Omics Tools (3/15/2021) - Through the collaborative science call (FICUS) between the JGI and EMSL, successful applicants can also access resources at the National Ecological Observatory Network (NEON).
- Engagement Webinar: How to Apply for Resources at Multiple DOE User Facilities (2/25/2021) - JGI and the Environmental Molecular Sciences Laboratory (EMSL) co-hosted an engagement webinar on "Accessing Resources at Multiple DOE User Facilities with a Single Proposal."
- Engagement Webinar: Harnessing JGI’s Metabolomics Capabilities (11/19/2020) - The JGI Engagement Webinar held November 5, 2020 (video available with captions) spotlighted the metabolomic analysis capability available through the Community Science Program (CSP).
- Engagement Webinar: How to Successfully Apply for a CSP Proposal (9/8/2020) - During the JGI Engagement: Pro Tips for Webinar, researchers were invited to submit white papers to the Community Science Program (CSP)’s New Investigator call for proposals. The proposal call is open year-round, but proposals submitted by September 21, 2020, will be included in the next review.
- Engagement Webinar: What Can You Do With An Approved CSP Functional Genomics Call Proposal? (7/16/2020) - During the JGI Engagement: Accessing Functional Genomics Capabilities Webinar, researchers described how they had availed of JGI's resources and capabilities through the Community Science Program’s Functional Genomics call for proposals.