Past Webinar Events
The tools and resources of the JGI and EMSL, along with capabilities through the National Ecological Observatory Network (NEON) and access to the Bio-SANS beamline at the High Flux Isotope Reactor (HFIR) through the Center for Structural Molecular Biology (CSMB), may be requested by applying for the annual “Facilities Integrating Collaborations for User Science” (FICUS) collaborative science call. Letters of Intent for the FY23 call are due March 16, 2022.
- Webinar: SIP technologies at EMSL and JGI (4/8/2021) - At the JGI and EMSL, various tools leverage stable isotopes to measure carbon and nutrient flux, and identify microbes assimilating labeled compounds.
- Webinar: MycoCosm Tutorial (3/22/2021) - How researchers can utilize the JGI data portal MycoCosm for conducting fungal genomics analyses.
- Webinar: PhycoCosm Tutorial (3/22/2021) - An introduction to the JGI data portal PhycoCosm, and how researchers can harness it for exploring algal genomes and genes.
- Engagement Webinar: Utilizing long-read sequencing for metagenomics and DNA modification detection (3/22/2021) - How the JGI employs single-molecule, long-read DNA sequences to aid with genome assembly and transcriptome analysis of microbial, fungal, and plant research projects. These long-reads have also been applied to DNA methylation analysis as well as improving metagenome assemblies.
- Engagement Webinar: Accessing NEON’s Environmental Sample Archives, Applying JGI & EMSL Omics Tools (3/15/2021) - Through the collaborative science call (FICUS) between the JGI and EMSL, successful applicants can also access resources at the National Ecological Observatory Network (NEON).
- Webinar: Introducing the BioSANS capability (3/9/2021) - A webinar on how researchers could tap the capabilities of the Biological Small-Angle Neutron Scattering (BioSANS) when applying to the EMSL-JGI FICUS call for proposals.
- Engagement Webinar: How to Apply for Resources at Multiple DOE User Facilities (2/25/2021) - JGI and the Environmental Molecular Sciences Laboratory (EMSL) co-hosted an engagement webinar on "Accessing Resources at Multiple DOE User Facilities with a Single Proposal."
- Engagement Webinar: Harnessing JGI’s Metabolomics Capabilities (11/19/2020) - The JGI Engagement Webinar held November 5, 2020 (video available with captions) spotlighted the metabolomic analysis capability available through the Community Science Program (CSP).
- Engagement Webinar: How to Successfully Apply for a CSP Proposal (9/8/2020) - During the JGI Engagement: Pro Tips for Webinar, researchers were invited to submit white papers to the Community Science Program (CSP)’s New Investigator call for proposals. The proposal call is open year-round, but proposals submitted by September 21, 2020, will be included in the next review.
- Engagement Webinar: What Can You Do With An Approved CSP Functional Genomics Call Proposal? (7/16/2020) - During the JGI Engagement: Accessing Functional Genomics Capabilities Webinar, researchers described how they had availed of JGI's resources and capabilities through the Community Science Program’s Functional Genomics call for proposals.