The Plant and Animal Genome XXVII Conference (PAG) takes place January 12-16, 2019, in San Diego, Calif. Representatives from the DOE Joint Genome Institute (JGI) and the DOE Systems Biology Knowledgebase (KBase) will be at Booth 509. Stop by and chat with representatives from KBase and the JGI about collaborative science opportunities. Learn how to apply for a project with the JGI Community Science Program, and how you can use the KBase system to accelerate your plant genomics research.
Click here to download a list of talks relevant to JGI science at PAG XXVII. On January 14, JGI Plant Program head Jeremy Schmutz and KBase Co-PI Bob Cottingham host a workshop on DOE Biological and Environmental Research (BER) Plant Genomic Science on current and ongoing developments toward integrative biology. Researchers who are applying genomic sequence information to BER-funded activities of plant systems that make use of these resources will present on their work.
BER Plant Genomic Science Workshop Agenda:
- 6:20 PM Overview and Joint Genome Institute Plant Program Update
- 6:33 PM Comparative Genomic and Transcriptomic Analyses for Bioprospecting in the Green Lineage using KBase
- 6:51 PM Evolution of Sex Chromosomes in the Moss Ceratodon
- 7:09 PM Bioinformatic Approach to Discovering Promoters Regulating Poplar Drought Response
- 7:27 PM Highlights from Genome of Miscanthus
- 7:45 PM Transcriptome Changes during Leaf Senescence in Populus
- 8:03 PM Natural Diversity in Setaria and a Novel Gene for Shattering
In mid-2019, JGI and KBase will be co-located at Berkeley Lab’s Integrative Genomics Building (IGB). Click here to learn more about this move.