Dr. O’Malley joined the JGI in 2016 as the lead for the Sequencing Technologies group. In this role he helps manage production sequencing for community sequencing projects, and leads R&D efforts to expand the capabilities of the JGI for sequence-driven functional genomics. Prior to JGI, Ronan was a staff scientist at the Salk Institute working in the laboratory of Joseph Ecker where he developed several NGS functional genomics applications including tools for transcription factor binding site (DAP-seq) and large-scale mutant characterization (TDNA-seq).
- BA, Biology/Chemistry, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- PhD, Biochemistry, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- O’Malley, R.C, Huang, C.H., Song, L., Lewsey, M.G., Bartlett, A., Nery, J.R., Galli, M., Gallavotti, A., Ecker, J.R. (2016) Cistrome and epicistrome features shape the regulatory DNA landscape. Cell 165(5),1280-1292.
- The 1001 Genome Consortium (2016) Extensive variation revealed in 1,001 genomes and epigenomes of Arabidopsis, Cell, 166(2),492-505.
- O’Malley, R.C. and Ecker, J.R. (2010) Linking genotype to phenotype using the Arabidopsis unimutant collection. Plant J 61(6):928-40. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-313X.2010.04119.x
- Gregory, B.D., O’Malley, R.C., Lister, R., Urich, M.A., Tonti-Filippini, J., Chen, H., Millar, A.H. and Ecker, J.R. (2008). A link between RNA metabolism and silencing affecting Arabidopsis development. Dev Cell 14(6):854-66. doi: 10.1016/j.devcel.2008.04.005
- Lister, R., O’Malley, R.C., Tonti-Filippini, J., Gregory, B.D., Berry, C.C., Millar, A.H. and Ecker J.R. (2008) Highly Integrated Single-Base Resolution Maps of theEpigenome in Arabidopsis. Cell 133:523-536. 10.1016/j.cell.2008.03.029
- O’Malley, R.C., Alonso, J.M., Kim C.J., Leisse, T.J. and Ecker J.R. (2007) An adapter ligation-mediated PCR method for high-throughput mapping of T-DNA inserts in the Arabidopsis genome. Nat Protoc 2(11):2910-7. doi:10.1038/nprot.2007.425
- O’Malley, R.C., Rodriguez, F.I., Esch, J.J., Binder ,B.M., O’Donnell, P., Klee H.J., and Bleecker A.B. (2004) Ethylene-Binding Activity, Gene-Expression Levels, and Receptor-System Output for Ethylene-Receptor Family Members from Arabidopsis and Tomato. Plant Journal 41(5):651-9. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-313X.2004.02331.x