- BA, Biology/Chemistry, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- PhD, Biochemistry, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
Dr. O’Malley joined the JGI in 2016 as the lead for the Sequencing Technologies group. In this role he helps manage production sequencing for community sequencing projects, and leads R&D efforts to expand the capabilities of the JGI for sequence-driven functional genomics. Prior to JGI Ronan was a staff scientist at the Salk Institute working in the laboratory of Joseph Ecker where he developed several NGS functional genomics applications including tools for transcription factor binding site (DAP-seq) and large-scale mutant characterization (TDNA-seq).
- O’Malley, R.C, Huang, C.H., Song, L., Lewsey, M.G., Bartlett, A., Nery, J.R., Galli, M., Gallavotti, A., Ecker, J.R. (2016) Cistrome and epicistrome features shape the regulatory DNA landscape. Cell 165(5),1280-1292.
- The 1001 Genome Consortium (2016) Extensive variation revealed in 1,001 genomes and epigenomes of Arabidopsis, Cell, 166(2),492-505.
- O’Malley, R.C. and Ecker, J.R. (2010) Linking genotype to phenotype using the Arabidopsis unimutant collection. Plant J 61(6):928-40. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-313X.2010.04119.x
- Gregory, B.D., O’Malley, R.C., Lister, R., Urich, M.A., Tonti-Filippini, J., Chen, H., Millar, A.H. and Ecker, J.R. (2008). A link between RNA metabolism and silencing affecting Arabidopsis development. Dev Cell 14(6):854-66. doi: 10.1016/j.devcel.2008.04.005
- Lister, R., O’Malley, R.C., Tonti-Filippini, J., Gregory, B.D., Berry, C.C., Millar, A.H. and Ecker J.R. (2008) Highly Integrated Single-Base Resolution Maps of theEpigenome in Arabidopsis. Cell 133:523-536. 10.1016/j.cell.2008.03.029
- O’Malley, R.C., Alonso, J.M., Kim C.J., Leisse, T.J. and Ecker J.R. (2007) An adapter ligation-mediated PCR method for high-throughput mapping of T-DNA inserts in the Arabidopsis genome. Nat Protoc 2(11):2910-7. doi:10.1038/nprot.2007.425
- O’Malley, R.C., Rodriguez, F.I., Esch, J.J., Binder ,B.M., O’Donnell, P., Klee H.J., and Bleecker A.B. (2004) Ethylene-Binding Activity, Gene-Expression Levels, and Receptor-System Output for Ethylene-Receptor Family Members from Arabidopsis and Tomato. Plant Journal 41(5):651-9. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-313X.2004.02331.x