The Scientific Advisory Committee is a board convened by the DOE JGI Director to provide a scientific and technical overview of the DOE JGI.
Responsibilities of this board include providing technical input on large-scale production sequencing, new sequencing technologies, and related informatics; overview of the scientific programs at the DOE JGI; and overview of the Community Science Program (CSP). A crucial job of the committee is to take the input from the CSP Proposal Study Panel on prioritization of CSP projects and, with the DOE Office of Biological and Environmental Research (BER) concurrence, set the final sequence allocation for this program.
- Mark Adams, JCVI
- Carol Bult, Jackson Laboratory
- Steve Briggs, University of California, San Diego
- Jeff Dangl, University of North Carolina
- Paul Flicek, European Bioinformatics Institute (ad hoc)
- Claire M. Fraser, University of Maryland
- N. Louise Glass, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Glenn Kubiak, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Mary Ann Moran, University of Georgia
- Trina McMahon, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Deirdre Meldrum, Arizona State University
- Juan Meza, UC Merced
- Sue Wessler, UC Riverside (ad hoc)