The Scientific Advisory Committee is a board convened by the JGI Director to provide a scientific and technical overview of the JGI.
Responsibilities of this board include providing technical input on large-scale production sequencing, new sequencing technologies, and related informatics; overview of the scientific programs at the JGI; and overview of the Community Science Program (CSP). A crucial job of the committee is to take the input from the CSP Proposal Study Panel on prioritization of CSP projects and, with the DOE Office of Biological and Environmental Research (BER) concurrence, set the final sequence allocation for this program.
- Mark Adams, The Jackson Laboratory
- John Archibald, Dalhousie University
- Paul Flicek, European Bioinformatics Institute
- Brian Fox, Great Lakes Bioenergy Research Center
- Doug Friedman, Engineering Biology Research Consortium (EBRC)
- Jeff Gilbert, Corteva Agriscience
- Louise Glass, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Anita Gursahani, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Douglas Mans, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL)/Environmental Molecular Science Laboratory (EMSL)
- Sean McSweeney, Brookhaven National Laboratory
- Sue Rhee, Carnegie Institution for Science
- Debbie Yaver, Yaver Consulting