- Bachelor of Science Finance, University of Utah
- Masters of Science Financial Management, Naval Postgraduate School
Awards and Service
- Selected for the inaugural LBNL “Emerging Leader Training Program”
- LBNL Outstanding Performance Awards for DOE JGI Facility Expansion Project
- Numerous Navy Leadership Awards
Ray joined the DOE Joint Genome Institute in 2005 and oversees the Finance, Procurement, Human Resources, Facilities, Public Relations, Safety, Lab Automation and Administration departments. He came to the Bay Area after a 21-year Navy career, serving in roles as the Vice President of Finance and Vice President/General Manager of the Health Information Management Division at QuadraMed Corporation. He was commissioned into the United States Navy in 1980 and after completion of flight training, he served 21 years in the navy in various Strategic Management and Operations leadership positions, including Deputy Commander (COO) of the Navy Recruiting Western Region which covered the Western United States, Japan and Guam, Commanding Officer of the San Francisco Navy Recruiting District, and the Comptroller (CFO) of the Naval Air Station Alameda.