Please follow the steps outlined below to submit samples for sequencing or synthesis to the JGI. If you have any questions, please contact your Project Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org.
DNA Sequence (Synthetic Biology) Submission
DNA and RNA Sample Submission
1) Review JGI sample QC requirements and protocols
Obtaining DNA & RNA of suitable quantity and quality has been the rate-limiting step for many projects at the DOE JGI. The quality of the starting material is one of the greatest predictors of a successful sequencing project. It is imperative that users utilize the Qubit system for assessment of DNA or RNA mass prior to shipment to the DOE JGI. These documents (posted with permission) demonstrate the importance of utilizing this platform for nucleic acid quantification in our Illumina and PacBio sequencing workflows and provide guidance as to how to perform sample QC prior to shipment:
- Genomic DNA Sample QC Protocol
- Total RNA Sample QC Protocol
- Total RNA Small Sample QC Protocol (for smRNA)
2) Review sample preparation guidelines detailing quantity and quality requirements
Please review the appropriate guidelines detailing the quantity & quality requirements for samples submitted to the DOE JGI.
- Plate-based Sample Requirements
- DNA Preparation Requirements
- RNA Preparation Requirements
- DNAstable Plus Preparation Procedure
- RNAstable RNA Preparation Procedure
3) Complete the sample metadata form
Complete metadata must be submitted for all samples being prepared for sequencing at the DOE JGI. Your Project Manager will assist you in preparation of this information. Once complete, your Project Manager will initiate the sample shipping approval process. Please do not ship your samples until you receive shipping approval from the JGI.